Junior Blind’s Blind Veterans Training provides rehabilitation and training to help Veterans who are blind or visually impaired learn the skills they need to regain their independence and become an integral part of their home, community and workplace. Services include training in Orientation and Mobility, Independent Living Skills, Braille and Assistive Computer Technology.
Who We Serve
Junior Blind’s Blind Veterans Training serves Veterans who are blind or visually impaired.
Veterans receive training from experienced instructors who specialize in Orientation and Mobility, Independent Living skills, Braille and Assistive Computer Technology.
- Individualized Orientation and Mobility training, including white cane skills, crossing streets and using public transportation
- Two fully equipped training apartments for in-depth living skills development
- Comprehensive Braille instruction in reading and writing; full access to Braille Library
- State-of-the-art computer technology center equipped with cutting-edge assistive technology
- Adjustment counseling for individuals, groups and families.
- Gymnasium, fitness room, swimming pool, jacuzzi and bowling alley for recreational enjoyment
A Veteran may be referred by a V.I.S.T. Coordinator from the Veterans Administration. Please call V.I.S.T. at 310-268-4654 for details and referrals.