Junior Blind's Student Transition & Enrichment Program (STEP) provides teens and young adults, ages 16 through 22, the opportunity to explore their career and educational options and provides them with the necessary tools to succeed.
Student Transition & Enrichment Program holds weekend workshops throughout the year in its Los Angeles campus, out in the community and in Central and Northern California, as well as a two-part residential summer program in Los Angeles.
Through Student Transition & Enrichment Program, students learn the necessary college-preparedness and work-readiness skills to realize their dreams. Program features include:
- Career and college exploration and research
- College campus tours and meetings with access counselors
- Resume writing, interviewing and interpersonal skill development
- Internship opportunities
- Orientation & Mobility instruction to learn how to travel safely
- Independent Living Skills
- Assistive technology training
- Self-advocacy skills